Saturday, November 5, 2011

MIGS

This week’s progress was not spectacular was a large portion of the week was spent at the Montreal International Game Summit. Overall it was a wonderful experience. The talks where very informative, I was able to learn a lot about game design though the speakers. Especially the Prototype Gears of War and New Horizons for Game Design. I was also able to network much more this year. My group was able to talk to companies such as Gameloft and EA, both of which seemed very interested in us. Bringing business cards also helped. For the game I was able to work on it a bit after MIGS. I believe I have mostly finished my level for the game. There are still some issues I need to iron out. For example when a rotate something, the physics seem to stop working. I think I am going to have to see the TA about this one. It is also getting very aggravating as it seems like everything we try to work on in the game; we always hit a brick wall. There are still a lot of requirements that my group does not know how to implement, and I am getting kind of nervous as the game is due in about a month.       

No comments:

Post a Comment