Saturday, November 19, 2011

Still a Long Road Ahead

Progress was slower this week, but was still quite decent. I was able nearly finish my level for the game; just a few more textures need to be fixed. It is now implemented and fully functional. The artist in our group finally sent over the proper textures, which helped improved the visuals. I also started tackling a few more requirements, but am having problems with a few of them, but at least they are started. I still have no idea how we are going to implement features such as animations systems. As of right now it seems impossible. I am also having trouble with my character for the game, the IK system seems to be all wonky. I got the arm working, but I still need to get the manipulators controlling things such as the fingers. At least the weight painting is done… which was MUCH more work than I could have ever imaged. I also finished a large assignment for one of my electives. Hopefully with that out of the way, it will leave more time to work on the other assignments, like the game engine homework. Hopefully I can increase my 35 xp to 65 before the exam.              

No comments:

Post a Comment